1952 Aston Martin DB2 Convertible
Much sought after being one of only 98 such cars ever produced. Having been stored for over 40 years and documented as having only 4 owners from new.
Now subject of a full ground up restoration to the ultimate specification without compromise. The objective is to achieve a better handling car with over 70% more power than standard with total reliability, better comfort for longer journeys and more usability in today’s demanding world.
The car will also be compliant making it an ideal candidate for many European rallies and events.
Listed below is the complete specification for this rare car:
- Bead blasted and powder coated chassis with 2 pack black finish
- Rebuilt inner body frame and powder coated finish
- Complete new aluminium body skin, bonnet and door skins eliminating any hidden corrosion
- Painted to the very highest standard
- Full heat and sound proofing throughout
- Total re-trim in the very best hides and Wilton carpets
- Complete new electrical system and upgraded to alternator system and negative earth conversion
- Headlamps upgrade for better visibility
- Totally rebuilt instrumentation with improved backlighting
- 2 speed wiper upgrade with intermittent facility
- Seating upgrade to incorporate late type Feltham seats offering better support and comfort
- Axle upgrade to later stronger 4HA type and limited slip differential
- Braking upgrade to feature new stronger rear drums and disc brakes to front with servo assistance
- Borrani wheels (5×16) chromed and polished rims
- Suspension upgrade incorporating anti-roll bar, springs, suspension camber and new design shock absorbers
- Full DB3/S specification, 2.9 litre engine with new cylinder block, aluminium head, steel crankshaft, lightened flywheel and uprated clutch. Triple 45
- DCO Webbers and over 200 BHP
- Uprated cooling system and full flow oil cooler